150 Years of History in Mt Pulaski
It all began in 1872 when Leonard K. Scroggin and Walter Sawyer formed a private bank, known as the Scroggin & Sawyer Bank. Mr. Scroggin was a local land owner and had a successful farming business which had grown to such an extent that he decided to open a private bank.
In 1876, Mr. Scroggin bought the lot where the present bank is located to build a new building to house the bank. Upon completion of the new building, the new bank was called Scroggin & Son, and a few years after that, was known as The Farmers Bank of Scroggin & Son.
In 1914, The Farmers Bank of Scroggin & Son went public and was incorporated as a State Bank under the name of The Farmers Bank of Mt. Pulaski, Illinois.
On August 8, 2022, The Farmers Bank of Mt Pulaski was acquired by Longview Capital Corporation and is now known as Longview Community Bank.